Leading with Confidence: Supervisory Skills Training
Strengthen your leadership skills through self-awareness and the tools to effectively lead and create a team that is positive, motivated and productive. Many supervisors/managers have never received formal training and are relying on the leaders they’ve had in the past as role models (whether good or bad). This can lead to feeling under-equipped for the complex challenges involved in today’s leadership roles. This workshop focuses on providing new or experienced supervisors/managers with the knowledge, awareness and skills necessary to reduce conflict, improve confidence, enhance communication, and increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
Specifically, participants will learn:
- The Role of the Supervisor & how to facilitate effective leadership
- How to conduct a team assessment and get the pulse on your team
- Strategies to identify and deal with low performing employees
- How to conduct productive meetings
- Effective communication skills (giving/receiving feedback, listening, having difficult conversations)
Shifting Minds: Rising Above with Resilience
This workshop focuses on wellness, resilience, and supporting healthy attitudes and behaviours in the workplace, as well as in all areas of one’s life. It engages participants to take responsibility for their own wellbeing by calling upon them to take an honest look at how they are showing up in their lives and to consider why they do what they do, and whether it is truly working for them. Participants leave this workshop with a whole new awareness of themselves and a commitment to making positive changes, both in their personal and professional lives.
Specifically, you will:
- Reflect on what’s working and not working in your personal and professional life
- Take charge of your own wellness and avoid burnout
- Find out how you’re contributing to your own stress
- Discard negativity, gossip and shift away from unhealthy thoughts, perceptions and behaviours
- Develop a profound self-awareness and understanding of how unresolved issues may be affecting you and showing up in your work with clients and colleagues
“These workshops are necessary to all. It will make the world a better place.”
“I am so grateful to have attended today! I feel I was given the motivation and inspiration to change my thoughts and get back in control of my life.”
Stress: Is it happening to you?
Millions of people are in a place of self-awareness and self-discovery, but continue to feel stressed and dissatisfied. Balancing a busy personal and work life can be challenging and if left unchecked, stress can result in a variety of problems, including:
- Lost time
- Workplace conflict
- Low morale & poor productivity
- Performance issues
This workshop is not your typical stress management workshop. You will not learn redundant concepts such as job analysis, time management, delegation, or activity logs. This workshop is about teaching participants to raise their level of consciousness; enhance speaking and listening skills; and manage unavoidable stress by developing ways to interpret stressors differently.
Participants will learn how to:
- Uncover the beliefs that are creating personal and professional obstacles, keeping them stuck in a perpetual loop of self-induced stress.
“Several of us attended the Stress Management workshop. Let me tell you, it is not your typical workshop! At our team meeting every attendee said it was the best workshop they’ve attended – very beneficial to our personal and work life. We’ve asked our Managers to have a refresher in six months!”
“This workshop was an amazing experience for me and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is experiencing stressors in life. Each facilitator brought forward unique insights and wisdom that enabled participants to view stress from a different perspective. Many thanks for delivering such an innovative workshop!”
Team Building: Rising Above the Unknown
Participants will learn to:
- Create authentic and meaningful conversations that will take them to a place they’ve never been before
- Uncover the challenges that are in the world of each and everyone’s “Story” and causing us to react to each other in unproductive ways
- Develop a new language that will assist in creating a new culture for wellness within themselves as individuals, in their teams and organizations.
“The session is unconventional, unorthodox. Be ready for a work-out!”
“What a wonderful two days it was! I feel we accomplished so much and we will undoubtedly continue to be positively effected by the journey that we took.”
“The unit is humming along and we are really quite happier thanks to your work with us.”
Deepening the Practice
As conflict resolution practitioners, facilitators and counsellors we have a responsibility to master ourselves so in return we can inspire and work with our clients in a meaningful way. How many of us are working from a true powerful place to assist clients? Are we just helping them swim to the surface or are we diving with them into a world of unforeseen possibilities? If it is true that we don’t know what we don’t know and that we can only give what we have, then let’s seize this opportunity to come together to experience deeper water and collectively transform our conflict resolution practice.
- Experience firsthand the power of self-reflection combined with authentic conversation and collective action
- Learn about a unique yet simple approach to making sense of complex human dynamics
- Learn to Employ advanced conflict management skills
“A great opportunity to replenish and serve my clients from a whole new place.”
” Merci d’avoir permis ces belles ouvertures vers notre bien être et notre devenir.”
“It was a fantastic workshop and really helped me to connect with some things going on in my life. Thanks for helping me to see that!”
If you’re doing the same things every day, having the same conversations with the same people who are thinking the same thoughts, you will always get the same results. But when you dedicate yourself to transforming your inner world, your life quickly shifts from the ordinary to the realm of the extraordinary. The price of greatness is responsibility over each and every one of your thoughts, and the consistent care of your mind, body and soul are essential to finding your highest self and to living the life you truly want.
This mastery program is for YOU, if you are someone who is:
- Seeking a deep, life-altering experience
- Committed to doing what it takes to create the reality you want to live in
- Ready to let go of the fear, guilt, and resentment that is holding you back
- Serious about developing the discipline required to live powerfully every minute of the day
- Prepared to take responsibility for who you are and who you are not
This is an invitation to learn the disciplines of personal mastery and self-responsibility. Dare to get out of your circle of comfort and explore the unknown. When you push beyond your limits, you unlock the mental and physical reserves that you never thought you had. This intense, deep, and transformative program will motivate you to be all that you can be; it will give you the tools to get there; and it will release you from all that has been holding you back. This is about creating something new and inspiring. If you’re looking to make a shift to take control of your life and rise up to be the person you are capable of being, this program will get you to the next level.
“We all attended, curious and wary, wondering just what mastery was, how it applied to us, and what we were really going to walk away with at the end of it all. Throughout the course of sharing and analyzing our own individual stories, and seeing how they affect and shape ourselves, our environment and relationships, I have developed a much deeper understanding of myself. This experience, to me, has been so much more than a mastery lesson. It will be filed forever more in my memory as one of the most spiritual and rewarding life lessons and experience which I have been privileged to have known. What I am really walking away with is a deeper insight into just how strong of a person I already am.”
“I learned more about myself in 2 days than in the last 4 years of counselling!”
All workshops can be delivered as a 1 or 2 day session and as closed group (i.e. individual organization) or as an open group (ie: various organizations & the public). Contact M. Thorpe & Associates if you would like to bring one of these workshops to your organization or community. Pricing available upon request.